Hospitalist Leadership Opportunity at UVMHN/Porter Medical Center
Join Our Mission of Compassionate Excellence in the Heart of Vermont
Porter Medical Center is a 25-bed Critical Access Hospital (CAH) located in scenic Middlebury, Vermont and is a partner in the UVM Health Network. Porter is also proud to have a Helen Porter Rehabilitation and Nursing Home, a 105-bed facility with a memory care unit, long term care unit and an acute rehabilitation unit. Porter also has a network of outpatient medical practices that range from primary care to specialized health care services. As the second-largest employer in Addison County, we take great pride in our Mission, “To improve the health of our community, one person at a time”.
· Lead and oversee our Hospitalist provider team, focusing on high-quality care and outstanding customer service.
· Collaborate closely with the Medical/Surgical Nurse manager to ensure safe, reliable, and patient-centered medical care.
· Represent the Hospitalist Service at Porter Medical Center and within the UVM Health Network.
· Enjoy in-house support from a myriad of subspecialties including OB, Orthopedics, General Surgery, and more.
Who We Seek:
· Medical Degree
· Board Certified in Internal Medicine or a related field, recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialists.
· Demonstrable leadership and management experience.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to forge strong and respectful relationships across the network.
· 0.8 FTE
· Day shifts only, with phone call coverage for APPs at night. Potential for occasional weekends.
Why Join Us:
· Be part of an innovative team, striving to redefine care delivery models to align with Value-Based Care.
· Employed position with a full UVMHN benefit package.
· Located 35 miles south of UVM Medical Center with efficient EMS protocols for rapid patient transfer.
Porter Medical Center is located adjacent to the Middlebury College campus, offering a diversity of cultural and recreational activities. Enjoy skiing at the Snow Bowl, hiking, cycling, and more, all while achieving a fulfilling work-life balance. The area is also conveniently close to major cities such as Boston and Montreal.
Lead with Compassion. Inspire with Excellence. Join Us Today
For a detailed engagement discussion and application, please proceed to:
Located just miles from the western border of Vermont and just 30 miles south of Burlington, you’ll find the quintessential Vermont experience in the bustling college town of Middlebury. You’ll feel like you just stepped into a New England tourism magazine as you stroll down a tree-lined main street with local shops, farm-to-table eateries, craft breweries and boutiques. Middlebury College adds a thriving arts scene with museums and galleries, theater, great music performances and lectures from scholars from all over the world. The area’s surrounding mountains, rivers and lakes offer an abundance of recreational activities with nearly limitless biking, hiking, horseback riding, golfing, skiing, fishing and boating.
As a leading health care organization that employs thousands and directly works to improve the health of more than a million people in our two-state region, we are resolutely committed to promoting equity, diversity and inclusion in our practices and our communities.
As a medical institution that focuses on care, research and training, we have a professional and moral obligation to not only understand humanity, but to embrace and care for it without bias or discrimination. That starts within our own workforce by actively promoting diversity and inclusion within our clinical and academic communities with a culture that supports and encourages respect for every individual and that recognizes and values our diverse backgrounds.