Palliative Care Opportunity at Porter Medical Center
Join Our Mission of Compassionate Excellence in the Heart of Vermont
Situated in scenic Middlebury, Vermont, Porter Medical Center is a 25-bed critical access hospital with a remarkable view of the Green Mountains. Porter is also proud to have Helen Porter Rehabilitation and Nursing Home, which features a memory care unit, long-term care, and a rehabilitation unit. As the second-largest employer in the county, we take great pride in our mission: to care for our neighbors, friends, family, and visitors with compassion and excellence, one person at a time.
· Provide high-quality palliative care and customer service to patients in the hospital, outpatient setting, and Helen Porter Nursing Home.
· Collaborate closely with multidisciplinary teams to ensure safe, reliable, and patient-centered medical care.
· Engage with in-house support from a myriad of subspecialties, including OB, Orthopedics, General Surgery, and more.
Who We Seek:
· Medical Degree.
· Board Certified or eligible in Palliative Care.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to forge strong and respectful relationships across the network.
· 0.75 FTE.
· Daytime position with occasional consultation services after hours.
Why Join Us:
· Be part of an innovative team, striving to redefine care delivery models to align with Value-Based Care.
· Employed position with a full UVMHN benefit package.
· Opportunity for a regular rotation supporting Helen Porter Nursing Home.
· Located 35 miles south of UVM Medical Center, with efficient EMS protocols for rapid patient transfer.
Porter Medical Center is located adjacent to the Middlebury College campus, offering a diversity of cultural and recreational activities. Enjoy skiing at the Snow Bowl, hiking, cycling, and more, all while achieving a fulfilling work-life balance.
Join Us Today for a Rewarding Career in Palliative Care.
For a detailed engagement discussion and application, please proceed to: Porter Medical Center Careers.
Located just miles from the western border of Vermont and just 30 miles south of Burlington, you’ll find the quintessential Vermont experience in the bustling college town of Middlebury. You’ll feel like you just stepped into a New England tourism magazine as you stroll down a tree-lined main street with local shops, farm-to-table eateries, craft breweries and boutiques. Middlebury College adds a thriving arts scene with museums and galleries, theater, great music performances and lectures from scholars from all over the world. The area’s surrounding mountains, rivers and lakes offer an abundance of recreational activities with nearly limitless biking, hiking, horseback riding, golfing, skiing, fishing and boating.
As a leading health care organization that employs thousands and directly works to improve the health of more than a million people in our two-state region, we are resolutely committed to promoting equity, diversity and inclusion in our practices and our communities.
As a medical institution that focuses on care, research and training, we have a professional and moral obligation to not only understand humanity, but to embrace and care for it without bias or discrimination. That starts within our own workforce by actively promoting diversity and inclusion within our clinical and academic communities with a culture that supports and encourages respect for every individual and that recognizes and values our diverse backgrounds.
Protected health information (PHI) and HIPAA compliance
HireControl does not collect any of the following data: